Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Worth the Hype??? Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick

Hello Beauties!

Is it me or are Liquid Lipsticks all the rage nowadays?  When Anastasia Beverly Hills came out with these Liquid Lipsticks I was so excited.  I got even more excited when I saw several YouTubers talking about them.  They looked so beautiful and opaque with such a beautiful array of colors!  I just had to get my hands on them.  I have been playing with these colors since I got them and this blogpost will answer the question....Are they worth the hype???

The Facts:

These lipsticks are available at anastasiabeverlyhills.com, Macy's Impulse in-stores or macys.com.  There are 20 colors available and they retail for $20.

Pure Hollywood, Lovely, Sad Girl 
The Claims:
  • Full coverage, intense pigment, and a matte finish in an easy-to-apply liquid formula.
  • One sweep delivers vibrant long-wearing color that sets all day. 
  • Formula is ultra-pigmented. Swirl wand around tube to evenly mix color before application. 

In my Geeky Opinion:

This line offers a huge array of colors, from the nudes to the vampy deep colors to the brights!  I do wish there was a deeper nude or a dusty rose/mauve color, but you can't have everything.  Otherwise, you can really find any color you desire, especially when it comes to the spring time appropriate colors.  The colors are pigmented and go on opaque.  They dry to a matte finish and are long lasting.   

They swatch beautifully as you can see.  



Top to Bottom: Pure Hollywood, Lovely, Sad Girl
Just a few observations and recommendations....
  • If you have dried or chapped lips, make sure to exfoliate them before application.  
  • I noticed they wear from 8-10 hours, however I did apply lip balm throughout the day for some moisture.  
  • They are mildly drying on the lips.  
  • I recommend wiping off the doe-foot applicator within the container before applying the color onto the lips.  
  • I have also been using a lip liner before and after application to sharpen up the edges of the lip.  They do not bleed but it really evens out the application when you use lip liner.   
  • They dry to a matte finish but Sad Girl has a bit of shimmer.  So although the base color is matte, you can appreciate some shimmer on the lips, which I love! 
  • To fully remove the color from your lips, I recommend an oil-based makeup remover. 
The Final Verdict:

I really enjoy these products.  They go on smooth and opaque and are very long lasting!  All the things I look for in a lip product.  I am the type of girl that gets lazy and won't re-apply once the color fades.  With the ABH Liquid Lipsticks, they wear well so I don't have to reapply.  I just keep my lip balm on hand for some moisture.  I really do think these are worth the hype and I highly recommend them!  

I hope you all enjoyed this blogpost.  If you have any questions, comments, feedback, or requests, please leave them down below.  Don't forget to follow my blog to stay up to date!  Follow me on social media...all the links are in the sidebar.  Also feel free to email me at geektochicbeauty@gmail.com.  Stay Beautiful, Stay True!

Geek2Chic - Christine 

No comments:

Post a Comment