Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Top 10 Drugstore Products

Hello Beauties!

I recently re-organized my entire makeup collection.  I noticed there are some drugstore makeup items that have really stood out and are as good or even better than high-end products.  This blogpost will contain my humble opinions on the top ten drugstore products that provide wonderful quality at affordable prices.     

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor 
$5.49 - 7.49




These lipsticks are simply sensational.  There is such an array of colors and collections being released all the time.  The Rebel Bloom and Creamy Matte collections are the latest to be released.  You can find any color you want and, for the price, it can't be beat!  The lipsticks are very pigmented and wear well throughout the day.  




Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder
$3.97 - 5.29




This is a finely milled pressed powder that helps to control shine throughout the day.  I use this after I apply my foundation in the areas where I usually become oily.  It is also good for touch-ups throughout the day.  




L'Oreal Paris Infallible Gel Laquer Liner in Blackest Black 
$6.99 - 9.79




This is the blackest black gel liner, high-end or drugstore.  I love the matte dark liner look that doesn't budge and this liner does just that.  

L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara
$7.99 - 10.59 




I have purchased this mascara time and time again.  I am a mascara mixer so I typically combine different mascaras to get both volume and length.  This is a great lengthening mascara.  There are several versions of this mascara; I just purchased the carbon black version.   

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 
$3.99 - 7.29 




This is one of the best concealers I have ever tried.  I have very dark circles and this covers them up quite well.  Honestly, I have never found a concealer that doesn't settle into my fine lines but I think those fine lines are just a result of my medical school/residency days...oh well.

e.l.f. Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder 
$3.00




This is a great under-eye setting powder for the price.  It is a finely milled powder that sets concealer wonderfully.  This powder has blue and gold shimmer mixed into the powder.  You don't notice it at all when you apply it but I believe it helps to diffuse light to get a brighter and more awake look.

L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Plumper 
$7.97 - 8.99 




I have already reviewed this product in an earlier blogpost.  I really enjoy this product alone or in conjunction with my brow pencils.  It really holds your brows in place while adding some definition and color to plump them up.    

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso 
$6.97 - 8.49 




I have tried several of the Milani blushes but Luminoso is by far the best.  It is peachy with a bit of shimmer that makes you look...Luminous!  Even on my medium olive complexion it gives me a natural flush.  I tend to use this with my everyday looks.

L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24 hour Eyeshadow 
$6.39 - 8.29




There is a wide array of colors in this collection.  These shadows are very pigmented and long wearing.  My go to shade is Amber Rush which is a rose bronze color that I use over the lid and even in the crease.  It is that perfect one shade everyday look when I am in a hurry.  Another shade I really enjoy is Iced Latte.  It is good on the lid and I even use it as a highlighter lightly over my cheekbones.




Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 hour Cream Gel Shadow 
$5.29 - 6.99     



  
I love this product because it is so versatile.  I have used it as a shadow base to intensify an eye look.  I have used it alone for a quick, on the go look.  It can also be applied as a gel liner with an angled brush.  There are so many colors with new limited edition collections coming out all the time.  It is long lasting and creamy.  Word to the wise, keep the lid screwed on tightly and store it upside down.  I find this is the best method to keep the product from drying out.  


I hope you all enjoyed this blogpost.  If you have any questions, comments, feedback, or requests, please leave them in the comment section down below.  Let me know what your drugstore favorites are.  Don't forget to follow my blog to stay up to date!  You can also follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pintrest, and Tumblr for updates, hauls, and mini-reviews.  All the links are in the sidebar.  Also feel free to email me at geektochicbeauty@gmail.com.  Stay Beautiful, Stay True!

Geek2Chic - Christine 

4 comments:

  1. I wanna try the baked blush looks awesome! I love loreal mascara! I would love it if you maybe review like an amazing cleanser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do Amy...I will do some research but I have a few in mind ;)

      Delete
  2. love love love your blog post Christine and Rimmel!
    Thank you for the review

    -Tejal Aka BrightDollFace

    ReplyDelete