Sunday, December 21, 2014

Save or Splurge? Lancome Grandiose Mascara

Hello Beauties!

I have always been a drugstore mascara girl.  I feel that drugstores have so many good mascaras that trump high-end mascaras.  Not only are they affordable but they work just as well.  Right?  I never understood why anyone would spend triple the price for a comparable product?  However, when this mascara came on the market I found it to be intriguing so I broke down and splurged!  I couldn't help it!  In this blogpost, I will let you know if it was worth the high price tag.

This mascara is currently found on Lancome.com and high end retailers like Sephora, Macy's, Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor, etc...  It retails for a whopping $32!  Ouch, my wallet hurts at the thought.   It is only available in one color - Noir Mirifique aka Black.  Another important detail is that this product is not waterproof.




The Claims:

According to the Lancome website, this mascara...
  • The 1st "swan-neck" mascara is bent to work with the shape of your face for unprecedented access to all lashes.
  • Corner-to-corner, root-to-tip giving the ultimate in length, lift and volume.
  • Formula is ultra black glossy, quick drying and is the only formula with rose-cell extract so lashes remain soft and supple.
  • Formula contains less waxes for intense color with no smudging or flaking through the day. 

In My Geeky Opinion:

I wanna talk about the brush first.  The brush is so important.  The formula can be amazing but if the brush is bad, the mascara will be an automatic fail.


So the curvature in the brush is the new "swan-neck" technology they mentioned in the claims.  The bent feature is brilliant!  It has really made applying mascara very easy.  There is a bit of a learning curve when you first use this brush.  When you get the hang of using it, the design works to your advantage.  As it claims, it really hugs to each and every lash.  I am right-handed so coating the lashes on the left are always a struggle.  No joke, if I don't paying close attention, I would hit the mascara wand onto the bridge of my nose.  This brush eliminates that struggle completely.

When examining the wand more closely, you notice that the bristles are plastic. The pattern of the bristles is a zig-zag pattern that really helps to get each and every lash!


I am also really enjoying the formula of the product.  It is not too wet and not too dry.  When checking my makeup at the end of night, I have no issues with flaking or smudging.  The formula coats the lashes to thicken them and really give them length.  I notice this more when I take off my lashes at the end of the night; it has a polymer feel like you're taking fibers off the lashes.  

The first time I wore this mascara my husband asked me if I was wearing fake eyelashes.  Here is some proof!  This comparison is just one coat of mascara.  I did not curl my lashes and did not use any eyelash primer.  The difference between each eye just speaks for itself.  


Although the mascara is not waterproof, it is quite difficult to take off at the end of the day.  I would recommend an oil-based makeup remover to remove the mascara.  

The Final Verdict:

Since I started using this mascara, I have not used anything else.  I hate to recommend such a pricey product but if you're in the market and looking to splurge...spend your money on this mascara.  SPLURGE!  Do it!  I have tried a lot of mascaras both high end and drugstore and it has no comparison.  The wand makes it very unique and the formula has no dupe that I know of.

I hope you all enjoyed this blogpost!  If you have any comments, questions, feedback or requests, please leave them in the comments section down below.  Don't forget to follow my blog so you stay up to date.  You can also follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, and Pintrest - all the links are in the side bar - for hauls, mini-reviews and updates.  Thank you all so much for the support.  Stay beautiful, Stay True.

Geek2Chic - Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment