Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Haul from Across the Pond: Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint

Hello Beauties!

Today's blogpost is going to be a little haul/review.  Outside of medicine and makeup, traveling is also a huge passion of mine.  I love traveling to new countries and immersing myself in different cultures.  This past May, my husband and I had a huge European adventure.  We spent three weeks traveling, starting off in England, moving on to Belgium and ending in Portugal.  During the trip, I could not help myself from doing a little shopping!  This blog is going to highlight one of the gems I found while in London...The Barry M Cosmetics Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints.  


During our last day in London I was perusing the aisles of Boots, which has no American equivalent.  Just imagine an amazing store that combines drugstore and high end products with health and toiletries.  I must have dragged my poor husband into each and every one I spotted!  Anyway,  my nail polish was chipping and I wanted to get something that I would not normally find in the US.  I remembered one of my YouTube Gurus - Tati or GlamLifeGuru (Check her out!) - hauled these polishes several months back while she was in London.  I figured I would given them a go.  

While we were in Portugal I had a some time to switch up my nail polish.  I wore Blueberry (GNP5) which is the most amazing periwinkle blue color!  This color lasted for the rest of my trip on both my fingernails and toenails till I came home...without chipping!!!!  I was astonished because we were having fun on the beach, swimming, and playing in the sand.  


I thought it was a fluke...What nail polish lasts for a week without chipping, right?  So then I decided to put it to the ultimate test.  I removed the nail polish, cleaned up the nails and tried the Guava (GNP15) which is the perfect summer teal color, again on my finger and toe nails.  

As some of you know, I am a doctor so I wash my hands constantly during the day, before and after each and every single patient.  On average I wash my hands about 60 times a day (if not more)!  It was no fluke!  One week later, the nail polish was still holding strong which no chips. I have used different top coats, different base coats and both colors held up!  Why did I not buy more?!?!?!

So, a few weeks ago my husband had a business trip in France and had a stopover at London Heathrow.  He called to tell me he was in Boots and asked if I wanted anything.  Don't I have the best husband ever???  Now, this is what my collection looks like.  

Left to Right:
Pomegranate, Grapefruit, Papaya, Guava, Blueberry, Prickly Pear, Almond 
Each polish is £3.99 or $6.27.  There are 34 different colors and can be found online on BarryMCosmetics.com or in Boots in the UK.  If you live in the UK or are traveling there soon, I would highly recommend picking up a few colors.  I hope one day that Barry M Cosmetics expands their market to the US.  Fingers crossed!  

I hope you all enjoyed this blog!  If you have any questions, comments, feedbacks, or requests, please leave them down below.  Don't forget to follow my blog so you stay up to date.  You can even follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr or Pintrest, all the links are in the sidebar for updates, hauls, and reviews.  Stay Beautiful, Stay True!

Geek2Chic - Christine 

No comments:

Post a Comment