Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Worth the Hype??? Gerard Cosmetics Lipsticks

Hello Beauties!

There are so many new makeup and beauty products coming out every single day.  As a hardcore makeup addict, I wish I could get my hands on it all.  Unfortunately, I have to refrain myself, but when I saw all the hype about these Gerard Cosmetics Lipsticks I had to see what it was all about!  They are being promoted on all social media by a lot of my favorite YouTube gurus and of course I trust their opinions.  In this blogpost, I have put these lipsticks to the ultimate test and pose the question...Are they worth the hype?

Buttercup, Nude, Tequila Sunrise, 1995
The Facts:

These lipsticks currently come in 8 shades:

1995
All Dolled Up
Fire Engine
Tequila Sunrise
Nude 
Berry Smoothie
Cherry Cordial
Buttercup 

They are found on gerardcosmetics.com for $19.00.  There are also discount codes you can find on social media to save a little cash.  

Two of these lipsticks are extra special; 1995 and Buttercup were made in collaboration with the fabulously talented YouTuber, Jaclyn Hill.  


In my Geeky Opinion:

I purchased four of the lipsticks for the discounted price of $39.  They swatch beautifully as you see below.  

Top to Bottom:
Buttercup, Nude, Tequila Sunrise, 1995

Buttercup:

This is one of the Jacyln Hill creations.  It is a creamy pinky nude that goes on pretty smooth but looks patchy on the lips.  The color is way too light for my olive complexion and just washes me out.  

Nude:

This is a true nude.  The website claims it is buttery but the formula is matte and is very drying on the lips.  I love nudes but again, this color does not match my complexion. 

Tequila Sunrise:

It is a peachy coral color as per the website but in person it looks like an unflattering neon orange.  The claim is that it is a soft matte.  This was so difficult to apply to get an opaque lip.  The formula was so incredibly dry that it really accentuated the lines on my lips. It makes my lips look incredibly dry which they are not...I am a lipbalm freak.  It is so gritty on the lips and uncomfortable to wear.  

1995:

This is another creation of Jaclyn Hill.  It was created with the 90s trend in mind.  It is browny nude that is creamy matte.  I feel it is the best of the set I purchased but unfortunately it does not wear well.  It lasted less than an hour on my lips.  I was not drinking or eating or kissing my husband.  I had to reapply it constantly and my lips where so dehydrated by days end.  

My Final Verdict:




So I have been testing these lippies for over a month now and I am sad to say I am not impressed one bit!  I hate to say that because I had such high hopes for these lipsticks.  Especially with all the hype I heard on social media by my trusted YouTube beauty gurus no less!  I almost question if I got a lemon? Of the colors I tried, Buttercup and 1995 had a decent formula but were not longwearing.  The Nude and Tequila Sunrise were incredibly drying and gritty on the lips that it was simply unacceptable.  I know I may get a lot of backlash but I have to give my honest opinion...I have to give theses lipsticks a FAIL.  They are so not worth the hype and I do not recommend these lipsticks at all.  There are many products at the drugstore that are 100% better than these lipsticks.  For the high end price point, Gerard Cosmetics needs to step it up and reformulate these products.     

I hope you all enjoyed this blogpost.  If you made these lipsticks work please let me know!  If you have any questions, comments, feedback, or requests, please leave them in the comments section down below.  Don't forget to follow my blog to stay up to date.  You can also follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pintrest, and Tumblr for updates, hauls, and mini-reviews.  All the links are in the sidebar.  Also, you can email me at geektochicbeauty@gmail.com.  Stay Beautiful, Stay True!

Geek2Chic - Christine  

2 comments:

  1. Wow I really thought they were good but now I know! Great blog post! Thanks Christine!

    -Brightdollface

    ReplyDelete