Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Review: Physician's Formula Eye Booster Instant Lash Extension Kit

Hello Beauties!

I have always been in pursuit for long luscious lashes.  There are a few ways I try to achieve this.  On a day to day basis I use layer after layer of mascara to get both volume and length.  On special occasions, I brave false lashes.  It has taken a ton of practice, but I am starting to get the hang of it.  I even thought of lash extensions but it is costly so I have't explored that route yet.  Lately, I have seen a few brands come out with lash extension kits where you layer mascara with fibers to get the long voluminous lashes.  I was very excited when I saw Physician's Formula come out with a kit at the drugstore.  This blogpost will be a review and my thoughts on the Eye Booster Instant Lash Extension Kit.  



The Facts:

This product is relatively new to the market and is found in local drugstore retailers.  I have seen it in CVS, Rite Aid, and Ulta.  It is available in one color, Ultra Black.  It retails for $14.99 but if you're patient, Physician's Formula goes on sale and can be up to 40% off.  The package contains two tubes; one is the mascara and the other contains the fiber extensions.  

The Claims:

According to the Physician's Formula website, this product....


  • Experience a total lash transformation!  100% saw the most dramatic lash effect ever experienced with a mascara. 
  • 100% saw thicker, fuller, longer, more dramatic looking lashes after 3 weeks. 
  • 24 hour wear.
  • Brush on lash extensions in 2 minutes.
  • Hypoallergenic.  Paraben free.  Gluten free.  Dermatologist approved.  Ophthalmologist tested.  Fragrance free.  Safe of sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.  Non-Comedogenic. 

Directions:

  1. Sweep lash boosting mascara on to upper lashes to prep for fibers and layer on lash boosting ingredients.  
  2. Brush on extensions to upper lashes while mascara is still wet to instantly build lashes. 
  3. Reapply lash boosting mascara to seal and set extensions.  Repeat 2&3 for life changing lashes!

In My Geeky Opinion:



I am going to talk about the mascara first.  If you look at the photo above the mascara wand comes out with a TON of excess product.  I had to clean the mascara wand off before using it, otherwise my lashes got very clumpy very quickly.  I think the stopper that cleans the mascara off in the tube should be a little narrower to clean the wand.  All in all this mascara is underwhelming.


Step One: One Coat of Physician's Formula Mascara
The fibers are incredibly messy.  The directions are to brush on the extensions, however I found the fibers get all over the place.  I found fibers IN my eye, over my upper and lower eyelids, and all over my cheeks and nose.  I found the best way to apply is to tap the excess fibers off.  Then I push the fibers onto the eyelashes when the mascara is still wet.  It's still messy but not as bad.  

Step Two: Mascara +  Fibers
Note all the excess fibers all over my cheek and nose.  

After the fibers go on, I applied one more coat of mascara.  I find I can only do this series of steps one time.  If I go back with the fibers and re-coat my lashes they look very spidery and clumpy.  I like clumpy to a point but I don't want to look like I only have four lashes.  

Step Three:  Mascara + Fibers + Mascara = The finished product
Nope, my skin is not that awful, its all the fibers!

With the mess the fibers make I use this product before I use any foundation or concealer.  This way I can brush the fibers off my face easily.  There is no way you can use this after you apply your face makeup. It will make a crazy mess and you will be forced to take your makeup off to re-apply.  Trust me!  I learned that the hard way.  

All in all, the finished product did not wow me.  I expected a huge difference but it was incredibly underwhelming.  I pulled out my holy grail Lancome Grandiose Mascara (I have a full blogpost with a detailed review) to compare the finished product.  I used two coats and I feel that it looks better without the mess!  

Two Coats of Lancome Grandiose Mascara

The Final Verdict:

I am not a fan of this product.  First off, the mess this product makes is a huge problem.  I do not wear contact lenses nor do I have sensitive eyes but the product was everywhere including inside my eyes.  I don't know about you, but I don't like foreign objects floating around inside my eye.  The final product was meh....not terrible but not great.  My favorite mascara alone gives me a better look with no mess.  Plus it takes me much less time to put it on.  All in all, I do not recommend this product, especially for those with sensitive eyes or contact lens users.  I will stick to my normal mascara and brave the false lash application for the special occasions.  

If you tried this product out, let me know what you thought.  I hope you all enjoyed this blogpost.  If you have any questions, comments, feedback, or requests, please leave them in the comment section down below.  Don't forget to follow my blog to stay up to date!  You can also follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pintrest, and Tumblr for updates, hauls, and mini-reviews.  All the links are in the sidebar.  Also feel free to email me at geektochicbeauty@gmail.com.  Stay Beautiful, Stay True!

Geek2Chic - Christine 

No comments:

Post a Comment