Wednesday, February 11, 2015

First Impression: Makeup Geek Eyeshadows

Hello Beauties!!!

So my birthday was yesterday and I officially turned 31 years young.  When my sister asked what I wanted for my birthday I immediately knew I wanted Makeup Geek Products.  I have been a long standing subscriber to Makeup Geek or Marlena on YouTube and a huge fan!  (If you aren't...You should be!)  I have been lusting for Makeup Geek shadows since their inception.  There is a ton of hype on social media about how these products are simply divine.  I wanted to find out if the hype was true!  This blogpost will be a first impression on both the regular and foiled eyeshadows.



The Facts:

Makeup Geek products are sold exclusively on makeupgeek.com.

The eyeshadows are sold by the pan for $5.99.  There are 68 different shadows that come individually.  There is also a limited edition palette with 6 shadows, 5 exclusive to the palette.

The foiled eyeshadows that are sold by the pan cost $9.99.  There are 10 different shadows that come individually.  Marlena has hinted there are more to come.  

There is also an eyeshadow palette, blushes, pigments, and brushes.  Marlena also has plans for lipsticks, concealers, etc... so she dreams big (my kinda girl)!

These products are cruelty free.  They are also talc and paraben free.

In my Geeky Opinion:

I got the starter kit that includes 9 eyeshadows for a discounted price of $49.99,  so you are saving a few dollars.  This kit includes:

Cocoa Bear
Mocha
Glamourous
Creme Brulee
Shimma Shimma
Drama Queen
Prom Night
Unexpected 
Corrupt   

My sister also got me Cosmopolitan because I was dying for this eyeshadow!




I also got the complete foiled shadow kit that includes all 10 eyeshadows for a discount price of $89.00.  This kit includes:

Caitlin Rose (All proceeds are donated to Batten's Disease)
Center Stage
Flame Thrower
Grandstand
Houdini
In The Spotlight
Jester
Magic Act
Mesmerized
Showtime  




All of these shadows swatch and apply onto the eyelids beautifully, with or without primer.  However, I always use eyeshadow primers because I have insanely oily eyelids.  These shadows are so buttery and highly pigmented.  There are no duds!  Also these shadows are high-end quality with very affordable pricing.

I prefer using my fingers to apply the foiled eyeshadows to retain the pigmentation and metallic property.  The regular eyeshadows go on beautifully with the fingers or brushes.  

These eyeshadows come in the pan so you need an empty magnetized palette to place them in like a Z-palette or a Uni Palette.  I really enjoy the fact that these shadows come in the pan alone because you can customize the palette with the eyeshadows you enjoy.  I can't tell you how many times I hit pan on a shadow within a palette that I can't replace.   That frustration is no longer a problem in this case.



I wondered why the foiled shadows were more expensive than the regular shadows, but now I completely understand.  The quality of these shadows are so rich and metallic that you only need one swipe for excellent pigmentation.  It is worth the money.  

My Final Verdict:

My first impression is that these products are totally worth the hype!  I had a Makeup Geek-Gasm as I was swatching these shadows.  Both the regular eyeshadows and the foiled eyeshadows are truly amazing.  I am looking forward to playing with these products and owning more.  The formula is excellent, buttery and pigmented.  The price is right.  I am very happy with these shadows.  I truly admire the creator of Makeup Geek.  Marlena stands behind her product and rightly so; they are amazing!

I hope you all enjoyed this blogpost.  If you have any questions, comments, feedback, or requests, please leave them in the comment section down below.  Don't forget to follow my blog to stay up to date!  You can also follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pintrest, and Tumblr for updates, hauls, and mini-reviews.  All the links are in the sidebar.  Also feel free to email me at geektochicbeauty@gmail.com.  Stay Beautiful, Stay True!

Geek2Chic - Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment