Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Happy New Year! 2014 Makeup Favorites

Hello Beauties!





I have been working on this blogpost since the year's end.  It was really difficult picking the creme de la creme of makeup products.  I sat down, pulled out my notebook and had pages upon pages filled with makeup products that I loved!  Needless to say, I had to dramatically edit myself down to the best of the best. So, let's get this started!


Best Face Products:




I did a blogpost about the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer.  I used this primer throughout a majority of the year and continue to adore it despite the high price tag. If you're looking for a good dupe, try the NYX Angel Veil.

I started using the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation in the summer based on a recommendation.  I loved it so much that I just purchased my winter color.  I am still dying to try the original Estee Lauder Double Wear for a fuller coverage but my skin hasn't been problematic lately. I like the light version for light-medium coverage that doesn't budge and is comfortable on the skin.

The Mac Mineralized Skinfinish was a powder that provided the added coverage for my oily t-zone.  It was lightweight and allowed me to touch up during the day without looking cakey.

The Hourglass Ambient Light Blush Palette was the most exciting purchase of the year!  Why oh why is it limited edition?  The colors are gorgeous and the finish on the skin is beautiful.

Anastasia Beverly Hills hit a home run with the Contour Palette.  It is multi-functional and I have used it to set my under-eye concealer, to highlight, to bronze, and to contour.   I was on a hot pursuit for this palette the majority of the year and I have to say it was worth the hype!

Best Eye Products:




The Lorac Pro Palette is by far the best palette ever created...EVER!  I purchased it on a whim when it first came out and I have not put it down since.  It beats out all my other palettes/eyeshadows in quality, value, and versatility.  Love!  

As a base on my eyelids, I use Mac Soft Ochre Paintpot.  It really cancels out all the natural darkness I have on my eyelids so I can start with a blank canvas.

Lancome kicked it up a notch when they released the Grandiose Mascara.  I love it so much that I dedicated an entire blogpost to it.  All my other mascaras have been put aside because this is the only one I have used since purchasing it.

I mentioned the It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil in my last favorites.  My eyebrows don't need a ton of work but this product help fills in the sparse areas while keeping a natural look.

I am a lover of eyeliner....the blacker the better!  I love the Physician's Formula Eye Booster Liquid Eyeliner so much so that I have re-purchased it twice already.  The Nars Larger Than Life Long Wear Eyeliner is the best product I have found for the waterline.  It is a little drier than most liners so it stays put all day.

Best Lip Products:




If you follow me on Instagram you may have realized that I am a lip product junkie. So, this was very difficult for me to pick the best.


The Tarte LipSurgence Skintuitive Lip Tint is alway in my rotation.  This unique product gives you a personalized shade of pink.  Not to mention it is super hydrating.  I am already on my second tube!

I mentioned the It Cosmetics Your Lips But Better Waterproof Lip Liner Stain Romantic Rose in my last set of favorites.  It is amazing and super long lasting.  I use it all the time and it has opened my eyes to lip liners.

Maybelline wins at the drugstore for lipsticks in my opinion.  They stepped it up when they released their Creamy Matte Line of lipsticks.  My favorite is Touch of Spice which is on trend for that "Kylie Jenner" look.  It is the 90's browny nude lip look that I have adored for years.

The L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lip Color in Nude Ballet was my favorite gloss type product for the year.  Don't underestimate the opacity of this product though!  It is a full on nude that I usually use in center of the lips for that extra pouty look.

I think that Urban Decay is my favorite high end brand.  I was so excited when the Revolution Lipsticks came on the market.  My favorite is Fiend which is a muted rose color that I am always reaching for.  It certainly goes with so many looks.

I hope you enjoyed my 2014 favorites.  What were your favorites?  Please comment down below and let me know!  You can also leave any questions, requests or feedback too.  Don't forget to follow my blog to stay up to date.  You can also follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pintrest, and Tumbler for updates, hauls, and mini-reviews.  All the links are in the sidebar.  Also, feel free to email me at geektochicbeauty@gmail.com.  Stay Beautiful, Stay True!

Geek2Chic - Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment