Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Review: L'oreal Youth Code Skincare Line

Hello Beauties!

Today's blogpost will be reviewing three products from the L'oreal Youth Code Skincare line.  I find it funny that when we are young we can not wait to get older and gain more freedom and responsibility.  Then, when we grow older, we would give anything to become younger again...flawless skin, no responsibilities.  Now, I understand why Ponce De Leon was in search of the Fountain of Youth!


Left to Right:
Day/Night Cream, Serum Concentrate, Pore Vanisher
Let me tell you the journey of my skin.  As a teen, when everyone else was breaking out, I had beautifully smooth skin!  I had normal skin, not to oily, not to dry...it was just right.  Than came my stressful years in medical school.  I was in my early to mid twenties and broke out in horrific acne.  And when I say horrific, I mean deep, painful, all over my face, cystic, unable to cure or cover up, acne!  I was completely out of my element, I tried everything and anything to help the acne.  I purchased every drugstore acne preparation you can imagine.  I tried almost every prescription medicine as well.  Finally, in my late twenties, my cystic acne cured!  Hallelujah!  Now, I am left with the aftermath of that acne including scarring, uneven texture, combination skin, and occasional breakouts here and there.  I thank the Lord that makeup was invented to cover all that up.  Ever since I have been in search of a good product line to help my skin.  I am dreaming of the day I can go back to my minimalist days. 

So lets get this Review started!  Here are a few facts about these products.

Where can you find it?  

You can find it at local drug store retailers both in stores and online. 

How much and how much product do you get?  

  • Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum Concentrate: $17.99 - 24.99
1.0 Fluid ounces
  • Youth Code Texture Perfector Day and Night Cream: $17.99 - 24.99
1.7 Fluid Ounces 
  • Youth Code Texture Perfector Pore Vanisher : $19.99 - 24.99 
1.4 Fluid Ounces


The Claims?

According to the L'oreal website, these products...

  • Visibly reduces pores
  • Diminishes fine lines 
  • Reveals petal soft skin 
  • Suitable for all skin tones
In what order should I use them?

Step 1: Cleanse your skin
Step 2: Treat with the Texture Perfector Serum Concentrate
Step 3: Moisturize with the Texture Perfector Day/Night Cream 
Step 4: Finish with the Texture Perfector Pore Vanisher Cream 

It is recommended to use both in the morning and before bedtime, either alone or before your makeup routine.  

In My Geeky Opinion:

I am so impressed with these products!  At first, I thought the price tag was steep for drugstore products.  However, compared to high-end products that claim to do the same, this is some bang for your buck!  I first purchased the Serum Concentrate and the Day/Night cream.  I started using it at the end of last winter when my skin was very dry.  These products really kept my skin nice and soft.  They really locked in the moisture and really evened out the texture of my skin.  I noticed that my pores were visibly smaller and the acne scars and uneven texture were smoothing out.  The products did everything they claimed to do!  I really noticed a difference when I stopped using the products for the summer months.  I truly noticed a huge difference especially with the change in the texture of my skin.  I immediately went back to using these products religiously.

I picked up the Pore Vanisher Cream during the Summer.  I was so excited to try this out.  I started out exclusively using this before applying my makeup.  I felt it to be the same consistency of the Benefits Porefessional Primer.  By the way, this is a total dupe for the Porefessional Primer if you're in the market.  Not only did it help reduce my pores, it helped to keep my oil at bay.  When I noticed an improvement I started using this product as recommended.  

The Final Verdict:

I would totally recommend this product line to anyone who is in the market for new skincare.  I am very happy with the look of my skin after using this line of products, and have even changed my makeup routine.  I use foundation that has light coverage or even BB creams because I don't need that full coverage anymore.  I still have severe PTSD after my acne years so I wanna treat my skin well.   These products truly have a luxury feel with an affordable price tag.  

I hope you all enjoyed this blogpost!  If you have any questions, comments, feedback, or requests, please leave them in the comments section down below.  Don't forget to follow my blog so you stay up to date.  You can also follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, and Pintrest for updates, hauls, and mini-reviews.  All the links are in the sidebar.  Stay Beautiful, Stay True!

Geek2Chic - Christine 

No comments:

Post a Comment