Monday, November 3, 2014

Review: Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation

 Hello Beauties!


Today's blogpost will be reviewing the Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation...  ::Whew:: That was a mouth full!  This product is relatively new to the market and is found in local drugstore retailers.  It ranges in price from $8.94 - $10.99.  It contains 20 ml or 0.67 fluid ounces which is less than the conventional 1.0 fluid ounce you usually get with other foundations.  It comes in 12 shades (the shade I am using is 75 Natural Beige) and has an SPF of 20.


The Claims:

According to Maybelline's website, this foundation is....

  • Breakthrough liquid foundation texture fuses with skin.  A finish so impeccable, yet undetectable. 
  • Medium to Full coverage that is ideal for normal skin.
  • Shake well.
  • Unscrew cap.  Holding the dropper vertically allow foundation to drop onto fingertip.


In My Geeky Opinion:


This foundation is very fluid to say the least.  When I first picked it up at the drugstore, it literally sounded like water in the container.  I was a little intimidated at first.  You have to shake this product well because of its fluid consistency.  



As you see, it comes with a "dropper".  Umm... No its not a dropper, its a long stick with a bulb at the end that the foundation drips off of. 

How to apply?  
  • A Beauty Sponge alone left me feeling patchy.  It soaked up a ton of product!
  • My fingers got the job done but I am not a huge fan of blending out foundation with my fingers.  
  • A brush was the best option.  Blended out very well and gave me a smooth finish.  It was just right! :)  And, like Maybelline claimed, it was UNDETECTABLE!            
Coverage?

I felt the coverage was light to a buildable medium.  Looking at myself in the mirror, it looked like my skin but perfected.  The foundation really blurred out any imperfections.   

SPF?

The SPF 20 in the product does give you a white cast on flash photography as you can see in my photo below. So I do not advise that you use this if you're taking a lot of pictures or have a special event to go to. 

Flash Photo 
No Flash 

So who should wear this?  

I think this foundation would be best for everyday use in work, school or just going out and about.  Looking at my face throughout the day, I did need some touch up.  I have crazy skin though - I have a really dry forehead and my nose and cheeks get oily.  The rest of my skin is normal so I am the true definition of combination skin.  After 6-8 hours of wear I did notice some patchiness around the nose and jaw line.  There was also mild oiliness over the cheeks which I used a blotting paper to get rid off.  At the end of the day (12 hours after first application)  I could still see my blush, bronzer but more fading over the jaw and around the nose.  That could be because I touch my face throughout the day, but who doesn't!    

The final verdict:

I do like this foundation and I will continue to use it.  My shifts at work are 12-13 hours at a time and it looks pretty decent after a full day of running around. I feel that this foundation would be suitable for normal to combination skin.  If you suffer from dry skin, make sure to use a good moisturizer in advance and if you are very oily, I recommend using a powder to set the foundation.  

I hope you all found this review helpful!  Please leave any comments, feedback, or requests down below.  Also you can follow me on both Instagram and Twitter - both @geek2chicbeauty for updates, mini reviews, hauls, etc!  Stay beautiful, stay true.

Geek2Chic - Christine 




No comments:

Post a Comment