Friday, November 7, 2014

Save or Splurge? Anastasia Beverly Hills - Tamanna Dress Your Face Palette Review





Hello Beauties!

Do you ever walk into Sephora and ask yourself... Save or Splurge?   Today's blogpost will answer just that!  This eyeshadow palette was created by Anastasia Beverly Hills in collaboration with MUA Tamanna Roashan (@dressyourface on Instagram).  It is currently found on anastasiabeverlyhills.com and sephora.com for $29.00.  I purchased mine in Ulta but unfortunately it is no longer available online.  This limited edition eyeshadow palette contains 10 eyeshadows, a double ended eyeshadow brush, and 5 tutorial cards.   

The Claims: 

According to the Sephora Website, this palette is: 
  • An ideal fall and holiday palette.
  • This palette offers a collection of rich, versatile fall shades that compliment all skintones.
  • The formulas are highly pigmented and wear wet to dry with intense payoff and a velvety smooth finish.
  • These luxury shadows are hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, and cruelty free.  

In my Geeky Opinion: 

These are such beautifully pigmented eyeshadows!  This palette is so versatile and can stand on its own.  What I mean is that you can use this palette alone and achieve an array of different looks from neutral to dramatic without having to reach for any other eyeshadows or palettes.  I am always on the hunt for the perfect vacation palette and I found it in the Tamanna/DressYourFace palette.  

Primer
No Primer
 TO PRIME OR NOT TO PRIME?
The answer?...primer, Primer, PRIMER!  As you see with the swatches above, the base really gives the eyeshadow a boost of pigmentation and gives it long wear.  I tried it initially without primer and at the end of the day, the shadows really started to fade.   I am a eyeshadow primer girl all the way.  I have the most oily lids known to women.  My go-to primers are the Urban Decay Primer Potion or the Nars Pro Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base.  

The Colors:

Top row - Fresh, Blush, Venezia, Gilded, Custom
Bottom Row - Sangria, Bengal, Chocolate, China Rose, Noir 


Fresh is a matte pale peachy color.  This is most useful as a base all over the lid to even out skin tone. However, I do find it to be a bit chalky.


Blush is a shimmery icy vanilla nude color.  I love this either all over the lid or in the inner corner of my eye.  I have also used it as a highlighter under my eyebrow.  So easy to work with and incredibly smooth!

Venezia is a shimmery aqua teal color.  This color is perfect for a POP of color.  I love the neutral looks but I love using this on my lower eyelid for an added va-va-voom!


Gilded is a shimmery antique gold color.  When I initially saw this color in the palette, I was not very impressed.  Let me be the first to admit how wrong I was!  This color is so beautiful!  So rich and pigmented and great for all over the eyelid or as a transition color.  

Custom is a shimmery taupe color with a hint of purple undertones.  It is the least pigmented of all the shadows and best when used wet to appreciate the color.  

Sangria is a metallic burgundy color.  I am in love with this color especially for the fall.  Very pigmented and soft.  I have used this color all over the eyelid, as a transition color and to smoke out the lower eyelid.  Eek! Love it!   

Bengal is a carmel/light brown satin matte finish eyeshadow.  This is a great transition or crease color.  


Chocolate is just that!  A dark chocolate brown matte finish.  This eyeshadow is so richly pigmented.  I have used this in the Outer V of the eyelids, in the crease, or to  define under the lower eyelids.  This compliments a neutral looks beautifully.  


China Rose is a coral shimmer with gold undertones.  I have to admit I was the MOST excited for this color and Tamanna did not fail me!  This color is so smooth and so pigmented.  Love, love, love this shadow!

And last but certainly not least, Noir is a rich matte black.  It is essential to complete a palette with a black and this palette does just that.  It is easily blendable to get a soft and smokey look but you can also build it up for a very intense look.  

Another feature this palette has to offer is a double ended eyeshadow brush.  One sided is a crease brush and the other side is a standard eyeshadow brush for packing on color.  This is no throw away brush!  The brush is very useful so I am glad it was included; it was a pleasant addition.  


Who can wear this?  

In my humble opinion, the claim is absolutely true.  I really believe that these colors would work on an array of skin tones.  

When to use it?

This palette would be perfect for any time and any event!  I have used this for both a subtle day look and a dramatic evening look.  I will be using it for the fall and holiday season, but I have many spring and summer looks in mind as well.  All in all, this palette was arranged so beautifully with colors that compliment each other so well that I am looking forward to using this palette anytime of year.  

The Final Verdict:

So, should you save or splurge on this palette?  

SPLURGE!  The price point is good, the colors are beautiful, and the eyeshadows are so wonderfully pigmented.  Ever since I opened up this palette I have not been able to put it down!  So Tamanna, GREAT JOB girl!  If you ladies are interested in this palette, hurry up!  Like I said it is a limited edition palette and you wouldn't wanna miss out if this is something you are interested in.    

I hope you all found this edition of Save or Splurge helpful!  Please leave any comments, feedback or requests down below.  Also, you can follow me on both Instagram and Twitter - Both @geek2chicbeauty for updates, mini reviews, hauls, etc!  Stay Beautiful, Stay True!

Geek2Chic - Christine  

No comments:

Post a Comment