Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Perfect Palette!

Hello Beauties!

Can you guess what this blog post is about?  After my last very serious blogpost, I thought I would do something fun that would give you more insight into my favorite eyeshadow palettes.  Over the past few months I have seen several of my Favorite YouTube Gurus doing this tag so I thought it would be a ton of fun!  


Warning:  I am an eyeshadow palette hoarder as you can see, so be prepared!




1.  Best Packaging?

Marc Jacobs Beauty Style Eye-Con No. 7 Plush Shadow 
$59.00



The Lolita 206

It is a sleek and slender design.  The palette does not take up a lot of space and is a great on-the-go palette.  It comes in a cloth case which I have kept so I don't get it all scratched up.  I just absolutely love the packaging on this palette.  

2.  Best Color Payoff?

Urban Decay Naked Palettes 1, 2, and 3
$54.00



Naked 1 - Warm toned neutrals
Naked 2 - Cool toned neutrals
Naked 3 - Rose toned neutrals










Hands down, the Urban Decay line of shadows have the best color payoff.  They are so smooth, buttery and pigmented.  They have very minimal fall out and I have never been disappointed in anything I have purchased from Urban Decay!

3.  Most Versatile?

LORAC Pro Palettes 1 & 2
$42.00


LORAC Pro Palette 1


LORAC Pro Palette 2 





I love love love these palettes.  They both have an even distribution of matte and shimmers.  I have done so many looks with these palettes, from the everyday look, to a dramatic night-time look.  I feel these palettes have the most bang for your buck.  I cannot say enough good things about these.  

I have also purchased the LORAC Pro Mega Palette which is a limited edition palette I found on Amazon.  It was a limited release and from time to time will pop up on Amazon.  So, if you haven't already gotten your hands on it...Stalk Amazon!

4. Best for Travel?

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette 
$29.00




When this palette first came out I went to Sephora, swatched it, and quickly decided the palette was not for me.  Months later, my little cousin told me I "have to have it!"  So, low and behold, it arrived on Christmas day.  I have not been able to put it down since!  I use this almost every time I wear makeup and it is always in my travel bag.

It's Judy Time palette by BH Cosmetics
Original Price $20.00 but now you can get it for $8.95 while supplies last on bhcosmetics.com




I am going to cheat on this one because I have found myself reaching for this palette on recent weekend trips.  It has a wonderful assortment of nudes with some colors added in.  It has wonderful pigmentation!  For the price, you really can't beat it!

5.  Biggest Regret?

L'Oreal Colour Riche Eyeshadow Quad
$7.99 - $9.99




Why dear God... why do I fall victim to purchasing these quads in hopes of better quality?  I love L'Oreal but these eyeshadows are such poor quality based on drugstore standards.  The drugstore companies have really stepped up their game lately so come on L'Oreal... I know you can do it!  I love their Infalliable eyeshadows and I loved the eyeshadows from their HIP Studio line (that are now discontinued).  I know they are capable of better.  These shadows are poorly pigmented and so flaky.  I really tried but I only have one word...Ugh!

6.  Best Color Names?

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette
$49.00





With names like Milk Chocolate, Amaretto, Champagne Truffle, and Cherry Cordial, this palette is an absolute winner in more ways than one.  Not only does it have the cutest names, it smells like cocoa!  This palette has a wonderful assortment for colors with several finishes.  I consider this palette to have a majority of nudes with complimentary pops of color thrown in.  The colors are also beautiful and the shadows are very pigmented.

7.  Least Used?

Urban Decay Smoked Eyeshadow Palette
Originally $49.00 but now on sale for $29.00 on UrbanDecay.com




I got this on sale a while ago so I am not too sad about it.  The colors are smokey, deep and beautiful!  However, I am a neutral girl.  I default to the nude and more subtle colors.  This is what makes it the least used in my collection.  However, when I do reach for it, I am impressed by the pigmentation of the colors.  

8.  Most Used, Most Loved, Desert Island Palette?

Drum roll please....

LORAC Pro Palette 1!




I love, Love, LOVE this palette so much!  The swatches don't even do these eyeshadows justice!!!!! This is my ride or die palette and I use it for every major event.  I recently used it while doing my own makeup for my cousin's wedding and loved the outcome.  Not only are the colors so wonderfully pigmented, but they also last!  They do not fade during the day.  The palette, like I said above, is half matte and half shimmer so it is very versatile to use.  If you are a beginner with makeup and want to start of with a palette, I highly recommend this one!  You will not be disappointed.  

I hope you all found this blogpost to be enjoyable!  If you have any questions, comments, feedback or requests, please leave them down below.  Don't forget to follow my blog so you can be up to date.  Also, be sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter, both @geek2chicbeauty for updates, mini reviews, hauls, etc!  Stay beautiful, Stay true!

Geek2Chic - Christine 

No comments:

Post a Comment